Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Musical Mondays (belated): Burlap to Cashmere

I postponed this week's Musical Monday post because Burlap to Cashmere's new album releases today (Tuesday)!! This is a group I first heard about on one of the WOW albums back in... oh my... 2000. (ok that wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, for some reason I was thinking it was '97 or '98, when I first started getting the WOW cds...) It was their song "Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth" -- get it? B.I.B.L.E.? -- and I liked the acoustic/folk/almost-Mexican-ish sound.

Then I met Rocky in college and B2C was one of his favorite groups. I started listening to their music a little more, and their 1998 album Anybody Out There is still one of our favorites. The band split in 2001, and is now back together, 10 years later, for a brand-new, self-titled release that's still got their signature sound. Some songs are reminiscent of Simon & Garfunkel or Jars of Clay, with the wonderful stripped-down, live folk-rock sound and Steven Delopoulos' signature voice.

Check out this amazing group today!!

1 comment:

Sadie VK said...

Hahaha - how did I never realize that song spelled "Bible?" Where have I been???

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...