Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Women in the Word Wednesdays: May 26-June 1

Thoughts on what I've read this past week...

Thursday 5/26: Proverbs 14:1
The CEV says it this way: "A woman's family is held together by her wisdom, but it can be destroyed by her foolishness." I need to be conscious of the decisions I make - am I being wise or foolish? The results will affect my family.

Friday 5/27: Proverbs 31:26-28
This is a difficult chapter for me, with so many things this "perfect" woman does and accomplishes. But just looking at these 3 verses, it seems very doable. 1) Speak with wisdom and faithful instruction, 2) watch over my house, 3) don't be lazy or idle.

Monday 5/30: 1 Peter 4:8
"Above all..." comes in the midst of talking about living a holy life, being clear-minded and self-controlled, offering hospitality, using your gifts. So loving each other is the most important thing we can do.

Tuesday 5/31: John 21:4-14
(Pick out the verse(s) that spoke to you the most) = "As soon as Simon Peter heard him say "it is the Lord!" he wrapped his outer garment around him and jumped in the water." Peter had been so reluctant to walk on water earlier, and now he jumped right in when he saw Jesus! Do I have that kind of devotion as a disciple? How will I teach my kids to have that kind of devotion?

Wednesday 6/1: Matthew 22:37-40
"All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments" - by following these two commands, all the others are fulfilled too. Loving God has to be my top priority, and loving other second.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...