Friday, June 10, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Backwards


Ok, time for a new blogging meme (what's a meme you ask? click here!). This one comes to us from The Gypsy Mama, who I found through In the Whisper (who also participates in this meme).

Got five minutes? Let’s write. Let’s write in shades of real and brave and unscripted. Let’s just write and not worry if it’s just right or not.
1. Write for 5 minutes flat for pure unedited love of the written word.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. Get a little crazy with encouragement for the five minuter who linked up before you.

Today's topic? "Backwards."

GO!
Even though I only worked two days a week at FCCS, I loved being part of activities whenever I could. Spirit Week came the last week in January, and I showed up on Wednesday of that week completely forgetting it was Backwards/Clash Day. The week before I had thought long and hard about what I would wear for that awesome day... for nothing. BUT. I was wearing a long-sleeve, zip-up hoodie, so I was able to turn it around backwards for the day. Elementary school is so much fun.

I've really enjoyed my time at FCCS this year and am glad the opportunity came up for me to join that team. A year ago I never would have thought I'd be a part-time-working-part-time-stay-at-home-mom. But I love it. I love being able to get out of the house and interact with other people twice a week. I love being able to leave my daughter with my best friend and let her get interaction with another person too. I love being able to use my skills and talents to better another group. I can't wait to see what this next year brings!

Well that kind of got off topic, but oh well, at least it got me writing! :)
STOP!

3 comments:

Sadie VK said...

What does FCCS stand for? And what do you do there? Just curious. :-)

R.M. Jackson said...

I can't figure out how you endured a whole day of wearing a long-sleeved hoodie backwards... but you made me smile. :D

Thanks for dropping by my place. :)

Carrie Roer said...

Sadie -- it's Faith Community Christian School, just a little K-6 school (35 kids) out here in Belding. I do the secretary work 2 days a week!

Ruth -- it was weird. :) I even had someone zip it up behind me. I kept trying to put my hands in the pockets, but they weren't where they were supposed to be...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...