Saturday, August 13, 2011

The Saturday 7: August 6-12

  1. I missed doing my Saturday 7 post last week because we were busy hosting a mini-reunion of our college friends! We try and get together with our "group" once or twice a year to catch up, hang out, eat food, and now let our kids play together. We had 9 adults and 4 kids under 2 years old. Great times!
  2. Abby and I got to go on a mini-vacation Tuesday & Wednesday (see this post for some more details)! 
  3. I think Abby has finally mastered the stairs. She's been able to go up for awhile, it's coming down that's been the problem. Our basement is a little more usable now, so at least once a day she and I will go down and hang out in the drywalled-but-not-painted-or-carpeted playroom/living room/family room. Although yesterday she was refusing to turn around and go down the stairs backward -- she wanted me to hold her hands while she went down forward, like big people do...
  4. We went to the Kent County Fair last night. She was much more interested in the animals this time than when we went to the Mecosta County Fair a few weeks ago! It's amazing how much I still miss "Fair week", now that I'm 10 years out from it. Sheesh, I feel old...
  5. I'm talented. I managed to grow 5+ zucchini plants in my garden, each with at least a half dozen blossoms, but have failed to get any zucchini. Then I discovered the true culprit... squash bugs. Yuck. Now I'm wondering if I'll have this issue every year...
  6. Tennis season has started back up for Rocky again. He's the JV coach for the boys' team at the school he teaches at. Practice started on Wednesday, and they already have a scrimmage today. If it's stopped raining at the place they're going. It's been storming here the last few hours...
  7. I've been busy preparing for the GEMS "Coffee Houses" I get to help lead over the next few weeks. I'll be doing the same session at 5 workshops between now and mid-September. It's my first year as a Leadership Trainer for our area, and while I'm excited I'm also kinda nervous & anxious. Please pray that my sessions go well, and that we have a great turnout of GEMS leaders at these workshops!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...