Saturday, August 20, 2011

The Saturday 7: August 13-19

Image from lupy2002
  1. I'll actually be thankful once school starts. At least then we'll have a consistent schedule! This past week has been a chaotic mess of one day of work for me, tennis practice almost every day for Rocky, GEMS workshops, and Rocky prepping for school sometimes at school and sometimes at home! Not to mention finding babysitters and transportation for this one-car family...
  2. The two GEMS Coffee Houses I helped lead this week went great!! (see #7 of last week's post) Especially the second night -- I felt like I was on a roll and didn't stumble over my words, and was able to do my 45 minute presentation in 43 minutes. :)
  3. I'm so lost when it comes to Abby's teeth. For the last year, every time she's been cranky and drooly I've passed it off as teething. Well she STILL only has 4 teeth, the last of which came in the first week of June. There are a few places where her gums are soooo white (including a molar?!), but no break-throughs yet. Poor girl.
  4. We've started singing the "head & shoulders, knees & toes" song with Abby recently, and I think she's starting to catch on. She grabs her head to get us started singing, and when we ask where Abby's eyes are, she scrunches her face into this dorky little smile and blinks her mostly-closed eyes. 
  5. She's really started testing boundaries with us. Drawers and cupboards that have always been off-limits have become places to get into again. For months she's known which ones she's allowed in and which ones she's not (we never put latches on any of them, she's always done really well), and lately her curiosity has gotten the best of her...
  6. And the tantrums. Oh my. Sometimes I'll tell her no, that's not-yours/yucky/hot/etc. and move her to a different place in the room, and she'll just start wailing and bury her face on the floor. It's kinda cute at first, but after awhile...
  7. And the stranger anxiety. Some days she'll wander off around the corner of a store and smile at random people, and some days (ok, even in the same day, or even the same hour!) she'll completely freak out when the cashier says hi to her. I don't get it...
Quite the mish-mash of items today. :) Have a great week!
--------------------------------------------------------
The Saturday 7: Post seven things that happened to you this week. Just a quick summary. Things you might not necessarily write a whole blog post about. Idea taken from Sadie's Lovin' Life with Lucy.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...