Saturday, July 30, 2011

The Saturday 7: July 23-29

  1. I love Abby's laugh. When I catch her in a good mood, I do everything I can to make her laugh. Sometimes just looking at her will send her running with her screech-y laugh. We've played "This little piggy" and "cherry cherry pit" so many times this week. Her newest favorite game to play when she's crazy-goofy? Spinning in circles in the middle of the room till she falls down. Laughing hysterically the whole time.
  2. But she hasn't been eating well. I'm not sure if she's just distracted ("hey, there's other cool things that I could be doing right now, I don't want to eat!") or what. But other than breakfast, I'm having a hard time getting her to clear her tray... 
  3. The next book in the series I'm reading finally came in to the library. I got it yesterday morning and I'm already at least a 1/4 of the way through it. Good thing I already requested the next one...
  4. Abby's finally getting the hang of going down stairs. We've been practicing more and more this week as Rocky's been doing his school work in the basement. Occasionally Abby still wants to go down the stairs like we do -- hanging on to the railing. But she's getting better.
  5. Abby learned to drink from a straw yesterday. I'd made a raspberry smoothie, and she wanted to try it. She chewed on my straw for a few minutes, then I saw her lips pucker and she got big eyes as she figured it out. When she stopped, I took a sip for myself, and she gave me the sign for "more." So we shared the smoothie. :)
  6. My favorite (and only local) baby consignment store is going out of business in a couple weeks. I went in this week and everything was 1/2 price. So I stocked up on hopefully everything Abby will need between now and next yard-sale-season (except things like socks and shoes). I scored a Lands End winter jacket for her for $3.50.
  7. I've been enjoying Costa Rican coffee every morning this week. My best friend just got back from leading a mission trip there. I've never considered myself a coffee snob, but I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to go back to Folgers... 
Have a great week! :)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...