Monday, April 25, 2011

Musical Mondays: Glorious Day



I think this is my current favorite song. I love how it tells the whole story of Jesus -- his birth, life, death, resurrection, and how he's coming again. The verses are actually taken from an old hymn called "One Day." Casting Crowns did a great job of making it fresh and new and adding a chorus to summarize the whole story.

I'm in our praise band at church (I sing & drum), and we introduced this song to the congregation during Lent. We've sang it 3-4 times in the last seven weeks, and at yesterday's Easter service we used it as our closing song. It was amazing to get to the acapella part of the chorus after the bridge and hear everyone singing... "living he loved me, dieing he saved me, buried he carried my sins far away..." And the final "O glorious day" gave me shivers...

I hope you had a wonderful Easter!

For anyone who loves this song as much as I do, here's the official (live) video from the Casting Crowns YouTube page:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...