Saturday, September 10, 2011

The Saturday 7: September 3-9

  1. We went to an outdoor wedding Friday evening the 2nd (ok, I know that should have been part of last week's Saturday 7 post, but I didn't get around to writing one last week...). It was soooo hot and humid, but sooooo beautiful! Very laid back, rustic, simple -- we sat on hay bales covered with a sheet for the ceremony. :) Congrats Ashley & Ross!!
  2. I knew if I could make it through that Thurs-Fri-Sat stretch, the weather would finally turn for the better. And boy it sure did! While highs were in the low 90s on Friday, Labor Day Monday never touched 70! Hooray for fall!!!
  3. Abby has had such an up-and-down week. Some days she's been super cranky and whiny and needy, and some days she's so content. It drives me nuts. Such a girl. :) I keep hoping the cranky days are because she's working on more teeth, but no.... nothing yet...
  4. I had my 3rd GEMS Workshop on Thursday night, and it was our biggest one yet! There were about 90 women total and I had close to 40 in my session. We had some technical difficulties that started stressing me out, but we pushed through and it went great! Boy was I tired when I got home...
  5. I'm very thankful that Rocky's school hired an assistant varsity boys tennis coach, leaving him to just focus on the JV team. Like today -- he used to have to go to all the Saturday varsity tournaments. Not this year. Saturdays are the only consistent day on the calendar that are BLANK! Woo-hoo!!
  6. I stripped Abby's cloth diapers yesterday. I realized we've switched laundry detergent (it was buy-one-get-one-free), and there must have been a ton of build-up in them. I kept rinsing and rinsing and rinsing in hot/warm water, and kept coming out with sooooo many soap bubbles! Yuck! I'm wondering if this detergent is messing with our other laundry too!
  7. Tomorrow is the 10th anniversary of 9/11. It was strange for me to realize at school this week that almost none of the kids in our school were even alive when it happened. Read the post I wrote earlier this week for where I was that day...

Have a great week! Remember to check out and follow my new blog too!

--------------------------------------------------------
The Saturday 7: Post seven things that happened to you this week. Just a quick summary. Things you might not necessarily write a whole blog post about. Idea taken from Sadie's Lovin' Life with Lucy.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...