Saturday, August 7, 2010

Picture Challenge - Day 14

Day 14: A picture of your favorite teacher

Sorry hun, but yes I took this picture off the NPC website...
Ok so maybe this one isn't fair... ;-)


Ok, ok, I'll post a picture of a teacher I actually had during school...
I joined band in 6th grade but had already known Mr. Wilson a little bit, as he lived down the road from me. I even babysat his kids a couple of times. I played clarinet, and was a drum major of the marching band my junior and senior years (this picture is of the 3 drum majors on my last day of high school). Mr. Wilson has an amazing passion for music, and I learned a lot from him. For awhile I even wanted to become a music teacher. :-) He often pushed us hard, but the results at concerts and competitions were worth it. If there is anything I miss about high school, it's band. Especially marching band, although concert band was fun too. Every so often, a "Wilson-ism" comes to mind...

"You guys sound like a bull in a china shop!"
"My tongue got in front of my eye teeth and I couldn't see what I was trying to say"
"...you bloody..." "...those bloody..." "...the bloody..."

Thanks Mr. Wilson for a great 7 years! TC will be sorely lacking when you finally retire...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...