Monday, November 30, 2009

Baby Roer

Sigh... I'm so bad at keeping journals! Whether it's a hand-written one or a typed-up one, I start so well then slack off...

Well, life is going to be changing dramatically for us! I'm 4 months pregnant! We've finally finished telling people in person and making it known on Facebook. My due date is May 15, which just happens to be 6 days before our 5-year anniversary. I know soooo many people who have birthdays in May...

We haven't decided yet if we're going to find out if it's a boy or girl. That appointment will be in another month or so. Part of me wants to find out, so we can settle on a name and start planning accordingly. If we do find out, I think we'll keep the name a secret. But part of me doesn't want to find out -- it's only been in recent years that the technology has become available, and people tell me "there's nothing like having just delivered your baby and hearing 'it's a....' " So I don't know...

I'm still pretty scared and nervous, but the excitement is growing too. I've never been much of a baby person -- in fact I tend to decline if people ask if I want to hold their baby. Especially really really little babies. I hope that'll be different when it's my own! We have so much to learn, but it sounds like we're going to have lots of help from friends and family, and I'm connected with a great ob office.

'Twill be an interesting journey...

1 comment:

~liz said...

I am so excited for you guys! Motherhood is very new to me (X will be just a week old tomorrow), but I can tell you that most of the happiest moments of my life have happened in this past week.

About finding out, I see both sides. For me, it helped me connect with him knowing that he was a he. We chose to tell the name just because we always called him that and knew it would slip out at some point anyway. I understand the element of surprise in delivery, but I was surprised and excited about enough other things going on, that I don't feel like I missed out on anything. But, I've only had the experience one way, so I can't really compare.

About not being much of a baby person - neither was Mason. He never wanted to hold babies and had never changed a diaper. Now he cannot let go of X and will just sit and hold him and stare at him for hours. I know that will change for you when you see your special boy/girl too.

It is definitely an interesting journey.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...